Some friends of mine told me because I am so frugal(I know they meant cheap) I should be doing the grocery game. So I tried it. At first I didn't see many results but after some planning the game is really starting to "pay off" The game works like this. There is an on-line listing of the week's specials for each area's local supermarkets. The game pairs the items on sale with coupons that have been in past newspapers. Sometimes two months ago. So you have to start by collecting multiple sets of coupon booklets and then save them until needed. The web-site makes a weekly list and tells you when the coupon ran, how much the item is on sale for and your final price. Sometimes the item ends up being free. Two weeks ago was my best value yet. But I didn't think to take a picture of it so it's not as much fun to see. So I will tell you how I did this week. 6 bags of Bugles .50 each
6 Listerine Breath fresheners FREE
2 cans of Manwich sauce .40 each
3 Schick Quattro Razors with 4 refills 1.74 each
2 rolls of Scott Paper towels .60 each
4 Campbells soup at hand .25 each
4 Campbells soup bowls .25 each
1 box of Totinos Pizza Rolls FREE
4 Tubes of Aqua Fresh Tooth paste .25 each
Zatarains Jamabalya FREE
2 Cans of Peanuts 1.00 each
5 12 packs of A&W 2.00 each
Softsoap FREE
Grand Total $25.22 Considering I spent $10 on Rootbeer, I think I did pretty well. Not every week has such treasures but it's fun to hunt for them. If you are considering trying the grocery game make sure to tell them I referred you. I use the email sew4me1973@yahoo.com
www.thegrocerygame.com You can get a 4 week free trial. But I recommend saving coupons for at least 4 weeks before you try the free trial. It works much better that way and you will see results. Good Luck and let me know if you become a fellow Gamer!
No comments:
Post a Comment