Sheri, Sheri, quite contrary how does your garden grow?
With Silver Bells and cockel shells and
SEVEN ORCHID blooms all in a row!!!
Ok So this may not seem as important to the rest of the world as it is to me BUT....I grew an orchid plant. Last year I bought Mom, Granny, Toni and I orchid plants for Mother's Day. After the blooms fell off I kept my plant in the window for a full YEAR... I was getting rather disgusted with it about a month ago and threatened to throw it out because it had not bloomed again all year. When all of a sudden I noticed there was about a 10" bloom stem on the back of the plant. (It must have sensed my frustration) So now all 7 blooms are open and are perched beautifully in line.
On a side note: (I have since rescued Mom and Granny's orchid plant from the front yard of Mom's house where they were not so lovingly taken care of last year. I don't blame her I usually can only grow weeds, myself. Maybe next mother's day this orchid will have company)
No comments:
Post a Comment