Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sitting?

How come after a long day of driving, when you get home all you want to do is sit some more?

I drove our dossier(aka adoption paperwork) to Austin to the Secretary of State's office today. This is a crucial last step in the process. Then after 30 minutes in the building I drove right back. Only about 6 hours of continuous driving with a short Target stop in between. Which by the way, I found a few Christmas 90% clearance items still lingering around. A pair of flannel PJ's for Trent for 1.49. A Christmas T-for Kaylee .50 and some scrapbooking thingies for .39. I found the make your own scrapbook'd coasters for 1.29 but Amy advised against them. She says the adhesive doesn't stick right on the back. It was H A R D to pass up a $12.99 item for only 1.29. (But my new year's resolution is to only stock up on stuff if I know when and how it will be used.)

Anyway, the papers are done and will be photocopied in triplicate tomorrow and mailed away to the Adoption Agency which will translate and send them on to China. Then we (you know) WAIT some more.

No comments: