Thursday, July 10, 2008
Does he speak Chinese?
We get this question often. The answer is YES and often.
Most of the time I really wish I knew what he was trying to tell me. But there are times when the tone is less than pleasant and I'm glad I don't understand. (usually some type of injustice has been done to him by a sibling, or at least he thinks so)
A funny story about his language - One day he walked into the kitchen and told several sentences. I said, "Oh! OK, I see" Then he walked out. Trent said "Mom do you understand what he's saying?" I said, "No, but I want him to keep talking to me so that he will learn English"
Later that evening Ty said something to Trent and Trent responded back to him with "Blah, Bloo, blocka, doo, su me a" (It was his own version of Chinese)
I said, "Trent you've got to speak English to him so he can learn" Trent said, "Mom I really want him to keep talking to me"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so cute. It's really funny to watch how your other son does not pay any attention to the fact that his brother is speaking Chinese.lol Hopefully someone out there will see this and maybe can translate him for you.
Tonya
Post a Comment