I've ALWAYS loved cut-out cookies but until last year I had never been truly successful at the task. But last year at Mia's Pre-K Christmas party I met an outstanding woman. She was outstanding to me simply for the fact that she had made 17 star cookies and had beautifully iced and decorated each one of them. They were exceptional. AND the best part is (SHE SHARED HER RECIPE with me) There are secrets to this baking...oh yes there are! So this year I crossed my fingers, made sure the the stars were aligned just right, held my breath and we baked Christmas cookies.
And what do you know they came out perfectly... The gingerbread men looked like gingerbread men...The trees looked like trees, you get the point.... And then since I was feeling oh so lucky I tried a new icing recipe and it came out great also.
Santa enjoyed wonderful Christmas cookies and she, I mean he is oh so excited about them.

No comments:
Post a Comment