Mia seems to be feeling a little better today. She slept pretty well last night, only waking about 3 times. But the stretches in between were much longer than the previous night. She has eaten more today than we have seen her eat so far. She really likes a local favorite, congee. It seems to be very smushed rice cooked until it doesn't resemble rice any more. Then sometimes they add chicken, and you eat it warm. Her temperature has come way down but she still has a low grade temp and is still sleeping most of the time. We are hoping for a new day tomorrow.
We ordered a Pizza today from Pizza Hut. It was sooooo goood. We've both enjoyed the local dishes but the pizza was just wonderful. The best money we've spent on the trip so far.
I've added some pictures today. Before we came to China I sent a disposable camera to the orphange to ask them to take some pictures of Mia in her environment. We had hoped to get pictures of her with her foster famiy (they call it a First family) But we later learned that when sign the letter to accept the referral the babies are all taken back to the orphanage until the parents arrive. So she was there about 7 weeks. Well, when they handed us to her the camera didn't come so I assumed the package never cleared customs or they had not chosen to do what was asked. After all the babies were matched with their parents the orphange director stayed so the parents could ask him questions. We didn't have any specific questions and just asked if there was anything he would like to tell us and his assistant pulled out the camera. You would have thought David and I had won the lotto. We were so excited saying Thank you , thank you. Then they began conversing back and forth with our translator. I said," what are they saying" She said they are saying,"You are TOO excited"
Yesterday while we were at WalMart we had them developed through the one hour processing. I posted some of them on the link below. They are just pictures of pictures so not great quality. These are priceless to us and most of the babies in the group shots are in our group here.
We also learned from the director's assistant that Mia's foster parents were in their 50's and they had 3 children.(obviously before the policy) She said,"they loved her very much."
http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=505702495203
2 comments:
From Jerilyn,
God is definitely BONDING the family. I am praying for you guys.
I can't wait to hear the stories in full.
Blessings to you!!
She is getting cuter as the days go by! I can't wait to hold her.
Aunt Joyce
Post a Comment