Monday, February 25, 2008

ahhh.... she's back

It's funny how we are such creatures of habit. We know our routine and we stick to it. Well, with this move I have had just a few settling in problems. Nothing to be alarmed about but still until I can figure out the routine on some things it drives me NUTS! I'll name just a few, because I'm sure you don't want to be bothered with all of them.
#1 I can't figure out where to put my jewelry box. It was previously on top of my dresser. But we just got a new dresser and I don't want to put it up there. The dresser is so high already I wouldn't be able to see anything in it. The bathroom has a nice dressing area but I've always heard the humidity in the bathroom isn't good for jewelry.....

#2 (and equally as traumatizing.) I don't have a long rod to hang my damp laundry on. I usually dry clothes for only a few minutes and then hang them to dry the rest of the way. (thus preventing wrinkles and the need for the that four letter word IRON) David has installed a long rod in our other houses but this house has no good prospects of a spot to install the rod. (I am considering calling some engineer friends over to see if they can come up with some sort of contraption)

#3 This one my friends has a very good ending.... I have not been able to take a decent shower since we moved here. Apparently the previous owners were Low Flow. They had the Low Flow toilet systems, Low Wattage lighting, and Low Flow shower heads.(Anybody remember that Seinfeld epsiode?) So, I asked David to please retrieve the shower head from our old house. Because really, I was beginning to get bothered by this. (I have always thought that I could do the 30+ day stint on Survivor but this shower situation has made me think differently) Anyway, he changed the shower heads out last night and oh the difference a MOEN makes!!! (I may buy stock)

So if you have any suggestions on my dilemmas above feel free to let me know. Other than this the moving in is going Fabulously!!!

No comments: