Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just Say No....

I constantly tease my friend Valarie about her impetuous urge to say Yes to every volunteer shift there is. I saw some cocktail napkins that said," Just say No to the Sign-up Sheet" If that had been a mug it would reside in her cupboard right now.

Apparently I need the Mug as well. I volunteered to put together the 5th grade end of the year Slideshow. It showcases pictures from Kindergarten through 5th grade. Since this is something I know how to do and usuallly really enjoy doing I eagerly volunteered.

So, last Thursday I went to the meeting where each of us on the 5th grade committe was to say what all we had accomplished. I quickly added that I was indeed almost finished with the DVD. I was so proud. UNTIL......

Someone pops out a Memory Book that was done last year. And "since I was virtually done with my task then I had time to take on this new task as well. " (OK maybe I said I could probably do it) But as I left I began to regret my decision. I dreamed about putting that silly book together for several nights in a row. However, there was nothing I could do because I had to wait for school to open back up after the long weekend. Zane was suppose to have brought some of the needed papers home and he had left them in his desk on Friday. So my 3 day weekend that I had decided I would accomplish most of the task was lost.

So today I spent 99% of my day working on this book. I have almost all of it typed and printed out. T omorrow morning 6 other moms are coming over to help assemble these wonderful masterpieces that I am sure the children will treasure for all eternity and squeal in delight at the mere sight of them.

Now once I get this finshed I can go back and finish up the DVD.......Then I'll try to find time to book plane tickets, pack, cook and get to the store to buy underwear. (FOR TY) I realized today that he'll need some. 3 year olds typically don't wear diapers. (Let's hope not anyway)

A Mug please, I need a mug........

2 comments:

Dee said...

Girl, I just checked out your page (found the link from Tab's blog) and I see little Ty's pic! He's soooo cute. I am so excited for yall. Praying God will continue to prepare his little heart for yall's arrival and all your safe travels. CONGRATULATIONS on your adorable new addition!

Rushia

Dee said...

sorry, just realzied my son was actually signed in. lol.