Recently I was shopping at Ross. I found this really soft Baby doll. I just love these kinds of dolls. They are super squishy and look sweet to cuddle. Best of all the cost for this doll was a whopping 5.99
My friend Robyn use to have these dolls for her daughter, they called her Baby. I remember Robyn had a stockpile of "baby" in her closet...just in case.
anyhow, I really wanted a "baby" for our new daughter, but I wanted her to look Asian. Asian looking dolls are HARD to come by..... and by HARD I mean IF you can find one they are mucho dinero.
So my first project once the kids got back in school was to Asianize this caucasian doll...(that was made in China, by the way)
Step 1. Unsew and Unstuff the dollMy friend Robyn use to have these dolls for her daughter, they called her Baby. I remember Robyn had a stockpile of "baby" in her closet...just in case.
anyhow, I really wanted a "baby" for our new daughter, but I wanted her to look Asian. Asian looking dolls are HARD to come by..... and by HARD I mean IF you can find one they are mucho dinero.
So my first project once the kids got back in school was to Asianize this caucasian doll...(that was made in China, by the way)
2. Turn the face part inside out and gently unsew the area under the hat that holds the hair.
3. Take some black yarn and make some hair. I used scotch tape to hold the strands together.
4. Insert the hair and stitch in place. (I used the sewing machine)
5. Hair all done. Now to work on the eyes. I took a washable marker and drew in the shape of the eyes.
6. With a seam ripper or small sharp scissors, gently remove as much of the blue stitching.
7. Using a dark brown DMC floss sew the eyes in place using a satin stitch.
8. Restuff the doll and sew the back up.
9. Now cut the hair to a more desirable length.
10. Ta DA...all done
11. Repackage the doll, hide her from the sisters and hope nobody finds her until our new little girl gets home.
Or run back to Ross and buy a second doll so Mia can have one for Christmas as well..

2 comments:
Came over form AW. That is so impressive!
I'm impressed! That project would have taken me forever. Actually it would never happen since I do not sew :)
Post a Comment