Yesterday we visited the Temple of Heaven. This is where the Emperor would go to offer sacraficies and prayers to the gods. THere was a room where the Emperoro would choose which god he was praying to and hang that god's plaque inside.
Then we did some shopping at the pearl market. Which has a full floor of electronic equipment. David and Trent had a really good time with that. Kaylee and I had fun in the purse and jewelry section. We had a great lunch. We laungh about the menu because it is like a yearbook. It is huge and there are pictures of everything. Thankfully our guide explains a lot of it and we don't happen to end up with ox tongue on our table. WE eat family style at most meals and I really enjoy getting to taste a little bit of everything. Last night we had "fried Milk" They were about the size of twinkies and tasted very sweet.
The last thing we did was the acrobat show. We were very tired but the acrobats did a great job of keeping us awake. The grand finalewas a big metal cage. Men drove motorcycles into the cage and it ended with 8 men driving motorcycles inside at the same time. Trent really loved that.
We raced to the airport for our 7:20 flightto Johanna's province and found out that it has been delayed until noon. There was a lot of bad weather in the area last night. So now we are waiting in the airport but at least we found a Starbucks. Today's the big day. Please pray today for her transition!
For now, enjoy some pics.
Yes I know it's in Chinese so if you can remember where your log in and password is you can log into this site as well. My computer translates it to English. I'll try to not do it this way again.
http://www2.kachayu.com/snapfishcn/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=8667411009/a=55362322_55362322/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/
7 comments:
Enjoying the pictures. Can't wait to see pictures of Johanna. Snapfish was in Chinese that time but luckily I remembered where the login was however I wasn't able to logout. Need to brush up on my Chinese I guess.
Aunt Joyce
Hey guys it is the Engelage family!
Just read your blog for today and I am so excited for your family!!!
I absolutely love the pictures and am so excited to Face Time Kaylee more.I also looked at the pictures of the Great Wall!! I know yall' will have alot of fun, and if you happen to pick up a little Chinese while you are there make sure to tell me. Again, I am so excited to see Johanna and hope to speak to you guys soon. I am also trying to figure out the time pattern there so I can find a good time for us to Face Time while your family is in China. I hope you and your family have a great time all the way across the world and with Johanna. Make sure to call me through the time you are there. Talk to you guys later.
Best Wishes,
The Engelage Family
P.S We will be praying for you!!!
!
Lot's of fun doing Face Time tonight! Sorry your flight was delayed.
Pics were great. Below the logon there was a place where you could change it to english.
Praying for your travel to do well and the transition to be smooth. I figure if you land at 3:20 local, 1 hour to hotel and check-in, that puts you around 4:30 to get Johanna. That's 3:30am Houston time. We'll pray before we go to bed......
The Odoms
That was so cool! I can't wait to see Johanna! Good luck!
Elizabeth Campbell
Loved seeing your photos. Praying for all of you during the transition. So exciting!
Seems like you guys are having an awesome time. I would love to be there with you! Those are amazing photos!
- gold
Post a Comment